I Feel My Father's Love

on 13 September 2009

To those of you who know me, you know that I am a firm believer in priesthood blessings. Many of you who have met me in person know that I often quote my Patriarchal or Baby blessing as they help give me perspective in my life. I see them as a testament of my Heavenly Father’s love for me. I am so particular about these blessings that I recorded my Melchizedek Priesthood blessing so that I could review it later.

Well for those of you who don’t know I recently got a job in DC and on Thursday flew out from SLC. Before I left I asked and received a blessing from my Bishop, the same guy whom for the past 2 years I have told EVERYTHING to. Going into the blessing I was completely prepared to have his own personal feelings dilute the blessings from my Heavenly Father. I was pleasantly surprised.

My Heavenly Father knew of my longing for peace, for answers, for comfort in my path, or to be told that what I had chosen was wrong, that my fears were correct and I needed to adjust my course. My Father knew my heart and knew precisely how to calm it while still allowing me follow in faith rather than be given perfect knowledge, giving me a chance to grow.

My Heavenly Father, through my bishop, told me that HE had a “specific plan of happiness” for me. HE told me that if I continued in my “paths and patterns that I have been following and establishing” and through the gift of my Elder Brother Christ that I will be able to “overcome the world.” This is especially touching and an example of my Lord’s love for me because it is very near to what was said in my patriarchal blessing which states; “Through you honest effort and the gift of the Jesus Christ you will be able to inherit eternal glory, with my eternal companion, in the celestial kingdom where glory and happiness will never end.”

How wonderful is it that my Heavenly Father has told me, and given me peace and comfort that I will overcome the world of lust and lies and filth that I have been trying to extricate myself from for the past 3 years, if I continue on my path that I have started on and focus on HIS son and my savior. How wonderful is it that my Heavenly Father has a specific plan for me to accomplish this, and that I am on that path right now? My heavenly Father knows how to succor me and has done for me precisely what I needed, even though I didn’t even know what that was specifically.

PS, if you are reading my blog and live in DC, shoot me an email or a comment, I would love to meet other MoHo’s or those with SSA/SGA in the area.

3 comments:

Ned said...

What a wonderful blessing. I just received a new calling and also felt that sense of personal revelation for me in my setting apart. Thanks for sharing and good luck in your new job!

Bravone said...

David, I love your faith. It is a strength to me. I hope it all goes well in DC.

Written In Earth said...

that was a beautiful blessing-

thank you for sharing that.

Post a Comment