Suicide

on 19 November 2009

A year ago I tried to take my own life because of the tempest raging within my soul. I was feeling like whichever path I chose nearly half of who I was would die. I got myself so wrapped up that I figured; "Well if half of me has to die and still not have an answer, why not sacrifice my entire self and KNOW the truth that lies on the other side of the veil."
I was so frustrated with this thought that I decided to dull the pain with some Lortab I had from my Wisdom Teeth Removal. Luckily I had a good roommate and a caring friend on the phone who got me to a hospital and into a psych evaluation.
If you are reading this and you feel on the verge of suicide I want to let you know that it does get better... so much better, just keep pushing on one day at a time and when you need support or you feel like you might end it, please call a friend, call a family member, or call the Trevor Project. They love you and can help you realize that living is worth it.

The Trevor Project is the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. If you or a friend are feeling lost or alone, call The Trevor Helpline (866.4.U.TREVOR), 24 hours a day, seven days a week

6 comments:

The Faithful Dissident said...

David, thanks for sharing your story in such an open-hearted, honest fashion. I think you're doing a tremendous service for those who need to hear and learn from your experiences.

Congratulations on making it through those dark days. You're a light to us all. :)

Bravone said...

David, I am so thankful that you are still with us. Your influence will affect lives for years to come.

Sean said...

Thank you David!

Frank Lee Scarlet said...

Thanks, David, for sharing your story with such openness and honesty.
| "I was feeling like whichever path I chose nearly half of who I was would die."
--My feelings exactly, so thanks for your message of hope.

Konrad said...

I feel as if I will be parroting the comments above me, but I want to say "thank you" for this post. I dont think that that is something people talk openly about a lot of time. I went through a period where I seriously contemplated that for a while and then just a few weeks ago when I was told I would be exed if I came back to the ward I was attending. I think half the battle is knowing what resources are available out there and knowing that other people have stuggled with the same issues. Thank you for the post.

Konrad

Tony Gates said...

i read the david hard experience please avoid the raging because raging means-

possessing or displaying a distinctive feature to a heightened degree; "intense heat"; "intense anxiety"; "intense desire"; "intense emotion"; "the skunk's intense acrid odor"; "intense pain"; "enemy fire was intense"

leadanswer

Post a Comment